Apple Cinnamon Muffins for Mom (or Anyone)
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! If you are scrambling for something to treat your mom to this morning, try this simple quick muffin recipe.
The muffin recipe is versatile–if you don’t have apples and cinnamon, use blueberries. If you don’t have blueberries, throw in some dried cranberries and walnuts. Use whatever you have and whatever you think your mom might like!
And, this is an easy one for kids to help with as there really is not a way to mess it up. Make sure you help them with the oven!
Hope you have a good day celebrating moms around the world!
We are going to go stand up paddleboarding, for a quick beach run and a body matrix workout! It is going to be a fit Mother’s Day.
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 10 ounces Cabot sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Flour, all purpose
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- In a food processor, combine the cheese, butter, salt and flour.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together in a soft dough.
- Split the dough in half and form a flat disk with each portion.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the hour is up, roll out one piece of dough until about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut into small squares with a pizza cutter.
- Make the little hole in each cracker using a skewer.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.