We love our breakfast burritos! Every morning, Sawyer asks for a breakfast burrito and I always have reasons why I can’t make them. “I’m running late”, ” They aren’t good for you.”, “Only on special occasions!” For Valentines Day, I decided to make them for the family. These breakfast burritos are healthier and quick to make. Perfect for before school breakfast.
1) Start with six Eggland’s Best eggs and scramble them up nice and good.
2) Pour them into a a hot pan and let them sit while you prepare the rest of the burrito. No need to scramble them up…let them cook slowly on medium heat.
3) Prepare the rest of your fillings. I always use avocados, cilantro and a little bit of cheese. For tortillas, I recommend one that is whole grain. For four burritos, I used 4 springs of cilantro, 4 tortillas, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 3 veggie sausage.
5) Once the eggs are about 60% done, you don’t want them to be too dry, scoop about 1/2 cup of the scrambled eggs on top of the tortilla. Top with your toppings–I used cilantro, cheese and veggie sausage.
6) Time to roll! Fold up the two ends of the tortilla and then roll the other ends over your filling.
7) Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You are really just wanting to get the cheese all melty.
8) Serve with slices of avocado, veggie sausage and salsa. Enjoy!
- 4 whole grain flour tortillas
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 3 veggie sausage patties
- ½ avocado
- 6 eggs
- 1) Heat a cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil. At the same time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) In a small bowl, scramble the six eggs and pour into the hot cast iron pan. Let cook slowly without touching it for a few minutes.
- 3) In the meantime, prepare the other fillings. Grate cheese, warm up the veggie sausage, and slice avocado.
- 4) When the eggs are done, add about ½ cup of eggs to the center of each tortilla.
- 5) Fold the bottom and top edges inwards and then wrapping sides together.
- 6) Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- 7) Serve with slices of avocado, salsa, and sour cream. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Eggland’s Best.