Chocolate Brownie Cookies with a Surprise
My family always loves the chocolate crinkle cookies that seem to pop up during the holidays and these are the same…with a little surprise in the middle. The surprise in the middle of these were Rolo candies, but I also made some with little balls of Nutella in the middle. You could use caramel, or Reeses cups or whatever your heart desires.
I know that we enjoyed a few before I boxed them off and sent them to my cookie swap matches.
I hope that they enjoyed them as much as we did!
If you don’t know about the food bloggers cookie swap, it is a fun holiday event to get involved with. Follow this link for more information on next years cookie swap.
Also, I wanted to thank my cookie swap giftees…..we received really amazing chocolate mint cookies from The Secrets of a Cookie Princess, cool gingerbread twists from Erin’s Food Files, and excellent chewy ginger sparkles from The Dough Will Rise Again. Be sure to check out their blogs and their cookies recipes.
Thanks again to all of you and happy holidays!
Chocolate Surprise Crinkle Cookies
- 1⅔ cup All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Hershey Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 unwrapped Rolo candies
- ¼ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- ) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and ready your cookies sheets with parchment paper or a Slip-Mat.
- ) In a large mixing cup or a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoas, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- ) Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and the granulated sugar. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides between additions.
- ) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, slowly giving them time to incorporate. Once all the dry ingredients have been incorporated, add the vanilla.
- ) Using a small cookie dough scoop, roll the dough into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball with one hand, and place a Rolo in the middle. Wrap the dough around the Rolo and place on the baking sheet.
- ) Bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on the heat of your oven. Let cool on baking racks.
- ) Before serving, sift the confectioners sugar over the tops for a snow like feeling.