Pepperoni Pizza Wontons
Looking for something quick and easy when
you the kids are craving pizza? Since we avoid prepackaged foods, I will NOT buy those little hot pizza bites. I know that they are tasty but they are full of so many ingredients that I want to avoid for myself and the family. Instead, I can throw these little pepperoni pizza wontons together in about 10 minutes and have them hot and out of the oven in another 10. These are very easy to adapt to vegan or vegetarian diets—instead of pepperoni, use veggies or veggie pepperoni. If you are making them vegan, use a good vegan cheese like Daiya.
You can make these in a small muffin tin–or–if you would rather, you can fold the wontons in half to make little triangle pizza pockets. We did it both ways but the triangles were eaten before I had a chance to take photos.
We made pepperoni pizza wontons but the filling options are endless. Canadian bacon and pineapple. Veggie. BBQ Chicken. These can also be made vegan or vegetarian very easily. Lots and lots of options here–Be creative and let me know how it turns out.
- 12-15 Wonton Wrappers
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce (from a jar is fine, but you can make your own)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 5 slices pepperoni, diced into tiny pieces
- 3 T grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Makes 12 Wontons
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni.
- I used a small muffin pan.
- Spray a tiny bit of olive oil spray on the pan to prevent sticking.
- Press each wonton wrapper into the cup, trying to get the center of the wonton wrapper to sit on the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Using a small scoop or a regular spoon works just fine, put about 1 Tablespoon of filling into each wrapper.
- Spray lightly with the olive oil spray and then sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before eating--they will be hot!
- ***If you want to make them more like pizza pockets, follow these instructions.***
- Place the filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Lightly wet your fingers and run your wet finger along the edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold over and press to seal.
- When baking, you might want to flip them over after about 10 minutes for just 2-3 minutes.